This blouse is the 1940’s reproduction from Simplicity 3688 that goes with my khaki trousers. I was reasonably satisfied with the blouse and thought that it made a nice professional looking top.
My biggest complaint is that it is very loose in the waist, and must be so to fit without a closure. I’ll probably make it again, but I’ll cut the waist in and add larger darts and a hidden side zipper so I don’t have to wear a belt.
I closed the neck with a creme satin covered button.
And I did a lovely job of hand sewing the neckband, if I do say so myself.
My problem with this blouse was the fabric I chose. I bought some cheap fabric from Joann because I had a coupon and it seemed like a good idea at the time. The first time that I wore the blouse was to work because I had to give a talk to my whole floor. And my entire sleeve seam ripped right through the fabric hours before the talk. Ugh. I looked closely, and even the darts are ripping apart even though the blouse is quite loose on me. So, it goes in the rubbish bin, and I’ll make another with better fabric before too long.